Jun 16, 2013

MPM 6/17 - 6/23

Wow, this is going to be a really crazy week.  I have had the last two weeks meals planned out, has not worked out for one reason or another.  However, I have stayed on budget and have for the most part only used what I had already on hand.  Honestly, I have not really cooked in several days.  Mainly because I had some dental work done and that has not turned out well at all.  I have been on a very soft diet, hardly eating much at all.  Hubby has been great at helping out with the cooking.  You know it has to be bad if I don't want to even thing about going out to eat or even think about food.

So, here is the plan for this week.

Mon: burgers and dogs, chips, dips, brownies, cookies (daughter is hosting a Stanley Cup party)
Tue: C.O.R.N - Cleaning out refrigerator night.
Wed: Del Monte Hamburger Upside Down Bake
Thu: Chicken and Dumplings, salad
Fri: Depends on how my mouth is doing, get the stitches out.
Sat: Eating out - picking up grandson from airport.
Sun: Eating out brunch.

The Del Monte Hamburger Upside Down Bake is a vintage recipe from 1956.  It is a  new recipe from McCallumVintageRecipeDivas on Facebook.  If you are in to Facebook, this is a fabulous page.
Since my cast iron skillets are in the RV, I have to go buy one for the house before I can make this.  Am pretty sure I can use a baking dish, but want to make it with the recommended pan the first time.  Of course, what kitchen from those days, and earlier for that matter, didn't have an iron skillet in their kitchen.  My grandmother had several sizes, a dutch oven as well.


Hoping that this week works out a little better. 
My beautiful youngest daughter, 16, Miss Zebra.  She had an ice skating competition this past Saturday. She received a 2nd place medal, best of all she made it through with out falling.  This was a first.  She is so beautiful and graceful out on the ice.
The song she performed to was Red High Heels by Kelly Pickler.

Also on Saturday, my youngest grand son, Mr. M, had his 2nd birthday party.

His birthday is actually in July, but since his little sister Miss C is scheduled to arrive in July as well, they went ahead and held the party a little early.  We have entered in to new territory here, since Mr. M came 7 weeks early, she is going through things that didn't get a chance to happen before.  She is due July 16, and we have to leave for our vacation on July 20, so am praying that she does not come late.  I will be very sad if I miss her arrival.  We have two other grand sons as well.  The oldest Mr. T is flying in on June 20th to stay a few weeks with us and going on vacation with us.

Today, since the swelling had gone down a bit, and was feeling a little better, I went to the local farmer's market.  I went to just buy some berries.  I came home with blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, orange honey, plums and duck eggs.  Have been told that duck eggs are very rich, buttery and velvety when cooked.  We will see how it comes out.
I did receive my "new" old cookbook.  This was my second choice, my first choice was a different cookbook that I had purchased from a seller on Amazon.  The seller had accidentally mixed up the shipment, sending another buyer's book in my package and my book to that person in his package.  I did the right thing and sent the book to the correct buyer, but unfortunately that person has not done the same.  The seller made it right, giving me not only a refund for my payment but also refunded me the cost for shipping the book to the correct buyer.

Thanks for stopping buy for a visit.  Menu planning is very important to help you organize your time, save you money, and help to plan better meals.  I am linking up with Meal Plan Monday over at Organizing Junkie.  Hundreds of readers post their menu plans to her site and it is great inspiration when I get stuck.  Come back soon, tomorrow I hope to do some baking, or as soon as I am feeling a little stronger, will post when I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment