Mar 10, 2014

Finally On The Mend - MPM 3/10-16

I can actually say that I am finally...FINALLY...on the road to recovery.  Still having coughing bouts at the stupidest of moments, but they are getting few and far between.  Am I ever glad, because it seems the older you get the harder it is to hold in the bodily functions when you are coughing, sneezing, and coughing.  Makes for a lot of laundry.  Grand babies are doing great and for that I am very thankful.  Would rather it be me that is sick and miserable than them.

Once again I am linking up with MPM over at Organized Junkie.  If you haven't looked it over, there are over a hundred blogs linked up all sharing what their menu plan for the week is.  Some are even thoughtful enough to post the recipes or links to the recipes.  I don't have recipes or links today, but am hoping to post some through the week.

So far, this is the plan for the week.

Mon. - Rolled Meatloaf, green beans, mashed potatoes
Tue. - King Ranch Chicken casserole, corn, beans
Wed. - Meatball tortellini soup
Thu. - Tilapia, rice, broccoli
Fri. - Beef tips and noodles
Sat. - Waiting to see if we will be in town
Sun. - Steak, potato, salad

This is not set in stone, but it is the general plan.  I have the freezer stocked well with a variety of meet.  Local grocery had ground beef (93%) on sale for $2.99 a pound, which is a savings of $2.50 a pound.  I loaded up, brought home just over 12 pounds and divided it up and packaged it in one pound packages for the freezer.  Sunday may change if I end up having a family dinner, I have a big ham but was planning on it for Easter.  The family has no clue, but I am implementing the "slash" plan this week.  "Slashing" fast food, bad food by cutting portions a little but cooking healthier and more from scratch.  "Slashing" spending as well.  I have gotten cash for my budget for the next two weeks.  Will be recording every penny I spend on a spread sheet to see where I am spending the most so I can figure out where I can cut the easiest.  "Slashing" time wasters as well.  At least where I can given that my day revolves around caring for a toddler and an infant.

This past week was pretty good as far as meals.
 Slow cooked brisket.  Man have I missed this.  Still have a big portion in the freezer, already cooked, just waiting to be eaten.
Rotisserie chicken and noodles with butter cracker crumbs.  My mom fixed this a lot when I was growing up and I was feeling a nostalgic so I made some.  Of course I was the only one to eat them since hubby will not eat pasta of any kind.
 My oldest daughter sent this box of heaven to me.  A really sweet note telling me she had some good memories of me and wanted to thank me.
I made roast beef sandwiches one evening as well.  They were good too.

No really great cooking went on, I was still a bit under the weather and it was a strange week with the little ones.  However, no meals out, nothing brought home, hubby is happy we had home cooked meals each night.  Okay, so the chicken was brought home from Costco, BUT...I can't buy chicken and spices  to cook it up for less money than I buy one, and there is always some left over for other dishes.

Well, that is it for today.  I have a huge stack of recipes printed out that I want to try so have to figure out how to throw them in the meal plan.  I have some bananas that have for sure seen better days so am hoping to get them made up in to banana bread or muffins in the next day or two.

Thanks for stopping in, hope you enjoyed the visit.  Come back soon to visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment